TRANSLATION VENDOR MANAGER
We are looking for an experienced Translation Vendor Manager for the management of our growing linguist database. We require someone with existing Translation Vendor Management experience to be responsible for the specialised recruitment and coordination of all translation vendor activity. Our professional pool of linguists covers all copy from general business correspondence, including technical and legal, to highly specialised copy in the creative sectors. The Vendor Manager will work very closely with our Team of Translation Project Managers to ensure that all project demands are met and that suppliers are effectively managed.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE VENDOR MANAGER
- Active management of our supplier database.
- Recruitment of new specialised vendors in order to create and expand multilingual and dedicated resource supply databases to accommodate clients’ needs.
- Utilising market resources for recruitment.
- Evaluation and tracking of vendor performance.
- Relationship management with existing vendors.
- Liaising with accounts department on invoicing and payment status.
- Compiling monthly reports on vendor recruitment.
- Rate negotiations.
- Assisting Production Teams on specific vendor requirements based on project pipelines.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years experience as Vendor Manager in the translation industry.
- Translation Degree at BA or Masters level (or similar qualification).
- Knowledge of CAT tools. (Training on specific CAT tools will be provided if necessary).
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Commitment to professional customer service.
- Proficient computer MSOffice skills, above all, MS Excel.
- Resourceful and team player.